Friday, November 30, 2007

Thing 10-The Finish Line

I finally made it. I have been a fan of audiobooks for a long time. I don't have an MP3 player so I just check out the CDs from the Library. This exercise served as a good opportunity for me to try to download an ebook to my computer. Now that I have done it I am better equipped to help patrons.

The Library's website is great. There is so much it has to offer that it is a truly a virtual branch. Sometimes, though, I do think maybe there is too much on our site. It can be a bit cumbersome to navigate with all of its many layers. When trying to explain to a patron how to access something I have seen some of them shut down because it appears so complicated to them.

As for my favorite thing on the website it has to be the CoolKids Collection but I am biased. Ruth and I worked to get this developed with help from Gail S. and Dawn T. I love it! I think another great feature is the events calendar. It is great to be able to go to one spot and see what is going on in the entire library for the day.

SPL Rocks!

No comments: